I have just discovered that you could browse upcoming projects on Kickstarter, much like Gamefound (and much like Kickstarter, it's a mess and most of it is pure trash). Anyway I picked a few titles that may be of interest. Links send you to the pre-launch page.
- The Bad Karmas, a skirmish game with minis. BGG page.
- Slash & Spells, a "hero building" game with lots of card combos. No BGG page.
- I don't know if this one is soloable, but there is a Flash Gordon board game in the works (the BGG page for the 2021 Flash Gordon game seems to be about a different game).
- Legacy of Thracks, a strategy game set in a Fantasy world, with minis and an extensive book of lore. The game is described on BGG as a Euro-Ameritrash hybrid.
- Dungeoneers, that I had mentioned in a former post when it was mostly a ruleset for miniatures play, seems now determined to go KS with a full-fledged physical game. It is now called League of Dungeoneers.
- Ahau: Rulers of Yucatan, is a worker placement game set in the Neo-Classical Mayan Empire. Yes, we did not have enough heavy Euro games dealing with Precolombian civilizations. BGG page.
- I already mentioned Solar 175 in a former post. But now it has a KS prelaunch page. BGG page.
- Spacers looks familiar, and indeed: the first campaign was cancelled, and it is now set for a relaunch. BGG page.
- The Druid Master is a game "that will teach you the power of medicinal plants". It's a card game, with an educational purpose. As a Druid, you have to cure patients by using plant cards. BGG page.
- ReDelivery is a "map-making, tile-laying, semi-cooperative, puzzle/dexterity game for 1-4 players." With wooden truck meeples. And a BGG page.
- Edgeguard is an RPG-like narrative-driven board game with big minis (one being a dragon apparently).
- Small Samurai Empires will get a reprint alongside a new expansion, Rise of Tokugawa.
- Lander: After the Crash, despite an unsuccessful campaign two years ago, is apparently still working on its great return. BGG page.
- Behemoth is an adventure game with deck-building and "innovative AI mechanics" in which humanity in the year 2265 survive on the back of a magical mastodontical rhino. At least the theme is one of a kind! BGG page.
- Kingdoms of Akandia is an old-school Fantasy (a party of heroes fight against the darkness), featuring a hundred "destiny cards" that shape your story and multiple optional quests. It's a campaign game with 30-40 hours of contents, and multiple difficulty levels for replayability. BGG page.
- The game Micro Dojo will receive an expansion, Clan Loyaly, that should introduce solo play.
- Captain's Log is a sandbox game of piracy in the high seas. And it will launch on February 1st apparently. BGG page.
- The Ranchers is an open-world country-sim sandbox. No BGG page.
- In the wargame Patria Libre, you fight for the independence of Mexico. BGG page. Launching on February 2, 2022.
- No player count, but Brothers Bond, the board game adaptation to the comic series of the same name, will likely be soloable, if multi-handed, as it features the adventures of an exiled prince escorted by his two blind samurais to reclaim his kingdom fallen to the forces of darkness. No BGG page.
- In Spellbound, a narrative survival game, you battle the four horsemen (presumably of the Apocalypse) in a land of chaos and magic. No BGG page.
OK that was a lot all at once, but I have just discovered this page and felt like sharing my findings to you!
Maybe if people are interested (starting with JW and Athena) it can become a regular thing.
Wow thanks for all of this, Zerbique! Instead of throwing my money away on kickstarters I should buy you a few drinks instead. Maybe ship a couple bottles over to France? 😋
Yeah, it was on the humongous side. 😮 Thanks goodness that was a year's worth and not a weeks. 😀 Well, I clicked on more than one to be "Notified on Launch", which I probably shouldn't have. Brothers Bond is a real eye-catcher for me - I find it beauteous. 😍 Hopefully, it'll be fun to play.
Some good looking games to watch for!
Wow, what a discovery, Zerbique! I'm all for continuing, just please share it in smaller batches. I have trouble focusing if there are too many items at once. 😄