I have just discovered that you could browse upcoming projects on Kickstarter, much like Gamefound (and much like Kickstarter, it's a mess and most of it is pure trash). Anyway I picked a few titles that may be of interest. Links send you to the pre-launch page.
- Slash & Spells, a "hero building" game with lots of card combos. No BGG page.
- I don't know if this one is soloable, but there is a Flash Gordon board game in the works (the BGG page for the 2021 Flash Gordon game seems to be about a different game).
- Dungeoneers, that I had mentioned in a former post when it was mostly a ruleset for miniatures play, seems now determined to go KS with a full-fledged physical game. It is now called League of Dungeoneers.
- Edgeguard is an RPG-like narrative-driven board game with big minis (one being a dragon apparently).
- Behemoth is an adventure game with deck-building and "innovative AI mechanics" in which humanity in the year 2265 survive on the back of a magical mastodontical rhino. At least the theme is one of a kind! BGG page.
- Kingdoms of Akandia is an old-school Fantasy (a party of heroes fight against the darkness), featuring a hundred "destiny cards" that shape your story and multiple optional quests. It's a campaign game with 30-40 hours of contents, and multiple difficulty levels for replayability. BGG page.
- The Ranchers is an open-world country-sim sandbox. No BGG page.
- No player count, but Brothers Bond, the board game adaptation to the comic series of the same name, will likely be soloable, if multi-handed, as it features the adventures of an exiled prince escorted by his two blind samurais to reclaim his kingdom fallen to the forces of darkness. No BGG page.
- In Spellbound, a narrative survival game, you battle the four horsemen (presumably of the Apocalypse) in a land of chaos and magic. No BGG page.
OK that was a lot all at once, but I have just discovered this page and felt like sharing my findings to you!
Maybe if people are interested (starting with JW and Athena) it can become a regular thing.